Gov. Rick Scott signed 29 bills late Tuesday, including five dealing with Palm Beach County and the Treasure Coast.
Here are the bills, as described by the governor’s office:
• HB 531 — Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County – This bill increases the maximum time frame for contracts for waste hauler franchises from five years to seven years.
• CS/HB 737 — Port of Palm Beach District – This bill codifies the Port of Palm Beach District’s charter and authorizes commissioners to designate foreign trade zones within the district.
• CS/HB 1135 — West Palm Beach Police Pension Fund – This bill makes various changes to the pension fund as agreed upon between the City of West Palm Beach and the union representing West Palm Beach police officers.
• HB 1297 — Building Code Advisory Board of Palm Beach County – This bill revises the nomination process for local appointees to the board and expands list of industry associations to include any recognized regional trade association.
• CS/HB 259 — Indiantown — This bill creates the Village of Indiantown in Martin County if approved by a referendum of local voters.