COUNTDOWN TO INAUGURATION DAY (Jan. 20, 2017): 49 DAYS
- President-elect Trump will meet with Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi today. “Obviously she’s been a big supporter of the president-elect on the campaign trail and a friend for a long time,” Trump spokesman Jason Miller said in a conference call Thursday with reporters. He didn’t shed light on what Bondi and Trump will discuss.
- Florida 2000 recount vet, past Donald Trump critic John Bolton meets with Trump, too.
- The most recent Cabinet announcement has been Trump’s decision to nominate James Mattis for U.S. Secretary of Defense.
- Secretary of State: Who will it be? A Final Four appears to have emerged: Mitt Romney, David Petraeus, Rudy Giuliani and U.S. Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn. What we do know is that, for President-elect Trump, this job has been the most contentious Cabinet spot to fill.
- Say it ain’t so! Donald Trump could be banned from Twitter, the social media site has said.
- Trump is expected to take his victory tour to key battleground states like Pennsylvania, Florida, North Carolina and Michigan, but details have not been announced. He kicked off the Midwest in Indiana and Ohio on Thursday.
Appointments and nominations made by the Donald Trump administration
WHITE HOUSE CHIEF OF STAFF: Reince Priebus
CHIEF STRATEGIST AND SENIOR COUNSELOR: Stephen K. Bannon
SECRETARY OF TREASURY: Steve Mnuchin
SECRETARY OF DEFENSE: James Mattis
SECRETARY OF COMMERCE: Wilbur Ross
SECRETARY OF LABOR: Victoria A. Lipnic
SECRETARY OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES: Tom Price
SECRETARY OF TRANSPORTATION: Elaine Chao
SECRETARY OF EDUCATION: Betsy DeVos
SECRETARY OF VETERANS AFFAIRS: Jeff Miller
ATTORNEY GENERAL: Jeff Sessions
NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISER: Michael T. Flynn
CIA DIRECTOR: Mike Pompeo
UN AMBASSADOR: Nikki Haley
Senior White House leadership team, listed on Donald Trump’s official presidential transition website: Vice President-Elect Mike Pence as team chair, with Ben Carson, Chris Christie, Newt Gingrich, Michael T. Flynn, Rudy Giuliani, Jeff Sessions as vice chairs. The following have also been announced as joining the team’s executive committee: Lou Barletta, Marsha Blackburn, Pam Bondi (currently Florida’s Attorney General), Chris Collins, Jared Kushner, Tom Marino, Rebekah Mercer, Steven Mnuchin, Devin Nunes, Anthony Scaramucci, Peter Thiel, Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump, and Ivanka Trump.
POSITIONS THAT REMAIN TO BE FILLED: Secretary of State, Interior Secretary, Agriculture Secretary, Energy Secretary, Homeland Security Secretary, EPA Administrator.
STORIES THAT MATTERED MOST
LATEST SOCIAL MEDIA REACTION