COUNTDOWN TO INAUGURATION DAY (Jan. 20, 2017): 57 DAYS
- Trump pick of charter school advocate DeVos draws high-energy response from Jeb!
- Will he or won’t he? Latest is Palm Beach Gardens’ Ben Carson hints he’ll be Donald Trump’s HUD secretary
- The global challenges U.N. Ambassador nominee Nikki Haley would face
- Trump says “law is totally on my side” on conflicts of interest between presidency, business empire
Appointments and nominations made by the Donald Trump administration
WHITE HOUSE CHIEF OF STAFF: Reince Priebus
CHIEF STRATEGIST AND SENIOR COUNSELOR: Stephen K. Bannon
ATTORNEY GENERAL: Jeff Sessions
SECRETARY OF LABOR: Victoria A. Lipnic
SECRETARY OF EDUCATION: Betsy DeVos
SECRETARY OF VETERANS AFFAIRS: Jeff Miller
NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISER: Michael T. Flynn
CIA DIRECTOR: Mike Pompeo
UN AMBASSADOR: Nikki Haley
Senior White House leadership team, listed on Donald Trump’s official presidential transition website: Vice President-Elect Mike Pence as team chair, with Ben Carson, Chris Christie, Newt Gingrich, Michael T. Flynn, Rudy Giuliani, Jeff Sessions as vice chairs. The following have also been announced as joining the team’s executive committee: Lou Barletta, Marsha Blackburn, Pam Bondi (currently Florida’s Attorney General), Chris Collins, Jared Kushner, Tom Marino, Rebekah Mercer, Steven Mnuchin, Devin Nunes, Anthony Scaramucci, Peter Thiel, Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump, and Ivanka Trump.
POSITIONS THAT REMAIN TO BE FILLED: Secretary of State, Treasury Secretary, Defense Secretary, Interior Secretary, Agriculture Secretary, Commerce Secretary, Health and Human Services Secretary, Energy Secretary, Homeland Security Secretary, EPA Administrator.
STORIES THAT MATTERED MOST
- Clinton’s 2 million vote lead in popular vote could undercut Trump claim to a mandate
- Trump in Palm Beach: Man outside Mar-a-Lago seeks inaugural singing gig
- Six ways Trump has flipped since Election Day
LATEST SOCIAL MEDIA REACTION